10 Southgait Close, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9QH
Superb two storey 4 bed Headon penthouse apartment with parking and lift, sublimely and very quietly located just off South Street in central St Andrews.
Immaculate very spacious contemporary accommodation.
Quiet leafy setting overlooking Queen’s Gardens, right in the heart of St Andrews.
Lovely communal grounds.
Secure entry system.
Lift and stairs.
Designated secure parking.
Convenient central location within easy walking distance of Old Course and University.
Property Details & Description
Accommodation, located at second and third floor levels, accessed by lift and stairs:
Lower Level: Kitchen / breakfast room, open plan sitting room / dining room, main bedroom (with en-suite facilities), bathroom, hall
Upper Level: 3 bedrooms (one with study / office adjacent), shower room, hall
Communal grounds and secure designated parking
10 Southgait Close is quietly situated in a charming leafy setting off South Street, right in the heart of Fife’s golfing mecca of St. Andrews, moments from the town’s cosmopolitan shopping district which includes South Street itself, Market Street, Bell Street and North Street. The ancient and historic university town offers residents a superb mix of amenities and facilities and is renowned worldwide as the “Home of Golf”. The city of Dundee is some thirteen miles to the north with Edinburgh easily accessible to the south. Fife’s pretty East Neuk is nearby with its quaint picturesque fishing villages such as Anstruther, Pittenweem and Elie whilst the bustling county market town of Cupar is a short drive to the west. Surrounding St. Andrews is some particularly fine countryside and coastline with a lovely mix of farmland, woodland, river and hill ground. The result is home to an array of wildlife which provides an excellent choice for the outdoor enthusiast with walking, cycling, sailing and riding all readily available. There are many highly regarded golf courses in the area including the Old Course at St. Andrews and the Championship Course at Carnoustie, both of which regularly host the British Open – the event returns to St Andrews in 2022 for its 150th anniversary. The courses at Dumbarnie, Kingsbarns, Crail and Ladybank are also close by, to name but a few. In terms of days out there are a number of good sandy beaches in the area including those at St. Andrews itself as well as Tentsmuir, Kingsbarns and Elie. There are several popular National Trust for Scotland properties in the area including Kellie Castle, Hill of Tarvit and Falkland Palace. State schooling is available locally with independent schooling being provided at St. Leonards in St. Andrews and the High School of Dundee. There are railway stations in Leuchars, Cupar, Ladybank and Dundee with Edinburgh airport well within reach.
Constructed by the renowned Headon Homes in 1999, and presented in immaculate order, 10 Southgait Close is an outstanding very high quality and rarely available 4 bed two storey penthouse apartment with lift and secure designated parking. At the heart of the apartment is the delightful spacious well-appointed kitchen / breakfast room with Juliet balcony. Adjacent to the kitchen, the extensive main open plan sitting room / dining room is wonderfully capacious and also benefits from a Juliet balcony with a lovely leafy outlook. Completing the accommodation on this level is charming main bedroom with en-suite shower room, family bathroom and hall with under stair storage and two further useful cupboards, ideal for golf clubs and such like. Upstairs there are three well-proportioned bedrooms, one with adjoining study / office, shower room and spacious hall. With high ceilings, quality finishing’s and generous proportions throughout the apartment is serviced by a lift and stairs. 10 Southgait Close is fully double glazed and benefits from gas central heating. There is a CCTV secure entry system and pristine shared hall with stairs and lift servicing the upper floors in the 10 unit block.
Lovely communal grounds and designated barrier-controlled parking with ample additional spaces for visitors.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
Letting of the apartments at Southgait Close is restricted to a maximum period of 2 weeks per annum.
The property’s postcode is KY16 9QH.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price. Certain items may be available to purchase by way of separate negotiation.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, drainage, electricity and gas.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000 Website:.
There are external property factors. Further details and information on charges are available from the selling agents.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from August and September 2021
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.