Property Details & Description
Sitting Room, Kitchen / Family Room, Dining / Games Room, Bathroom, Utility Room, Boot Room, Hall
5 Bedrooms (1 en-suite), 2 Shower Rooms, Hall
Beautiful gardens and grounds extending to approx. 0.8 acres. Double garage and garden store.
Sandilands enjoys an attractive position towards the south-west edge of the town of Cupar with lovely open views over the town and surrounding countryside. Cupar offers excellent day to day facilities including supermarkets, medical centres, primary schools and a secondary school as well as swimming pool, leisure centre, hospital and library. There are excellent independent schools in the area including the High School of Dundee and St. Leonards in St. Andrews. Dundee, some thirteen miles to the north, provides a comprehensive range of city services and facilities whilst Edinburgh is within comfortable commuting distance. The ancient and historic university town of St. Andrews, renowned world-wide as the “Home of Golf” is just a fifteen minute drive to the east. Edinburgh airport is less than an hour from Sandilands whilst there are railway stations in Cupar itself, Leuchars, Ladybank and Dundee. Dundee Airport offers flights to London City Airport.
Thought to have been constructed in 1892 for the local police Chief Constable, Sandilands is a delightful and impressive stone period property which would originally have stood out in open country prior to Cupar’s expansion in the early 1900’s. Believed to only have had five different owners since it was built, the house has recently gone through a comprehensive programme of refurbishment and remodelling, the result being an exceptional home of the very highest quality which offers truly superb contemporary living of the highest standard throughout. At the heart of the house is the spectacular Murray & Murray kitchen with dining area and family room with stove off. The impressive
drawing room is perfect for entertaining with the formal billiards room/dining room and superb main hallway and staircase of particular note. Completing the ground floor is the family bathroom, boot room, utility room and rear hall. Upstairs there are five generously proportioned bedrooms with the particularly impressive master suite benefitting from Murray & Murray dressing area and en-suite facilities. There are two further family shower rooms at first floor level. As part of the refurbishment the original sash and case windows were fully refurbished and the house also benefits from a modern heating and plumbing system as well as being hard wired throughout.
Sandilands stands in a lovely extensive mature garden with double garage and garden store.
Subject to all relevant consents and permissions being obtained it is believed that there may be some scope to develop the garden.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY15 5JG.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage. Wired internet connection throughout the house.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000 Website:
Council Tax Band
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from June 2021
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.