Oakwood, Crookham, Cornhill on Tweed, Northumberland, TD12 4SY
Oakwood is a stunning 269m2, 4/5 bedroom characterful detached house sitting in attractive garden grounds within the pretty village of Crookham. The property is in beautifully presented inside and out and benefits from an integral double garage, ample private parking and a generous garden.
Property Details & Description
Reception Hall, Family Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Utility, Study/Bedroom 2 (En-Suite)
Landing, Living Room, Master Bedroom with En-Suite, Bedroom 3, Bedroom 4, Bedroom 5, Family Bathroom
Driveway, Double Garage, Mature Garden Grounds.
Berwick upon Tweed 14 Miles, Edinburgh 54 miles, Newcastle 55 miles
(All distances are approximate)
Oakwood is positioned within the desirable village of Crookham, down a private driveway, occupying a private and discreet position. The village is served by the Blue Bell Inn at Pallinsburn which is within walking distance and further localised amenities including schooling is available within the neighboring estate villages of Ford & Etal.
Only three miles away is Cornhill on Tweed, the most northerly village in England which is set on the banks of the river Tweed, famed for its trout and salmon fishing. Cornhill has a popular restaurant/hotel and a wonderful village shop/post office. The historic Scottish Borders town of Coldstream is only a further two miles away across the Tweed and offers a wider range of amenities and services.
South of Oakwood is the village of Milfield (3 miles) offering a café, village store and public house and the market town of Wooler (9 miles), the “Gateway to the Cheviots” has first and middle schooling, a medical practice, local shops, restaurants and hotels.
Berwick upon Tweed (14 miles) is a bustling market town offering a wider range of amenities as well as a main line railways station with regular services to London, Newcastle & Edinburgh. The A697 ensures that the surrounding countryside of Northumberland and Berwickshire, as well as the cities of Edinburgh and Newcastle are easily accessible.
Oakwood is an impressive and characterful detached stone-built property which was constructed in 2006 and offers generous and flexible accommodation over two principal floors which extends to circa 269 sq. meters. The house benefits from an abundance of character and charm, with tradition oak internal doors, beams, flooring and staircase combined with wrought iron balustrades and door furniture.
The house is approached via a gravelled driveway which offers ample vehicle hard standing and offers access to the double garage.
A front door opens into a welcoming reception hall, which has an attractive staircase to the first floor and doors giving access to the ground floor accommodation. The kitchen forms the heart of this lovely family home, with a “Burbridge” oak fitted kitchen with granite worksurfaces over, Belfast sink, integrated appliances and range oven. There is ample space for informal dining and an adjacent utility room provides access to the outside.
A dining room is positioned suitably close to the kitchen, with French doors leading to a patio area, ideal for al-fresco dining. A family room adjoins the kitchen and is an excellent space for everyday use and connects to the western patio area by French doors.
Completing the ground floor is bedroom 2, which although currently used as study, is a generous double bedroom with an en-suite shower room. There is also a separate cloakroom adjoining the hallway, ideal for visitors.
A staircase from the ground floor leads to the first floor landing where all accommodation is accessed. There is an impressive living room, with a magnificent vaulted and oak beamed ceiling and a stone fireplace housing a multi fuel stove forming the focal point of the room.
The bedroom accommodation provides a generous master bedroom suite with well-equipped en-suite shower room including a Hansgrohe shower. There are a further three double bedrooms (two with built in cupboards), and a family bathroom
Oakwood enjoys a private position, standing in a mature plot. There is a large east facing lawn which is bordered by mature and well stocked beds. To the west of the property there is a private patio area, which offers a wonderful space for summer dining.
The integral double garage is accessed from the gravel driveway and provides ample storage in addition to parking for two vehicles. Direct access is available from the garage into the reception hall.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD12 4SY.
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Listing and Conservation
Please be aware, Oakwood is not Listed, nor in a conservation area.
LPG central heating.
Mains electricity, water and drainage.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Band E (Rating 47)
Northumberland Council - Telephone: 0345 600 6400
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.