Ladieburn Cottage, High Street, Falkland, Cupar, KY15 7BZ
Superb refurbished C Listed house direclty opposite Falkland Palace.
Outstanding family accommodation.
Beautiful enclosed garden.
Timber shed, potting shed.
Significant Airbnb potential.
Delightful historic village setting, ideal for commuters.
Property Details & Description
Sitting room, dining room, kitchen, family room, bathroom, utility, hall.
2 bedrooms (1 with en-suite and walk in wardrobe ), hall.
2 bedrooms (1 with en-suite), hall.
Delightful enclosed garden, timber shed, potting shed.
Lovely C Listed Ladieburn Cottage enjoys a delightful central position in the sought after and historic village of Falkland, directly opposite Falkland Palace which was once used by Mary Queen of Scots as a hunting lodge. The towns of Cupar and Glenrothes provide excellent day to day amenities including supermarkets, medical centres, schools, swimming pools, leisure centres and such like. There are excellent independent schools in the area including the High School of Dundee and St Leonards in St Andrews.
Falkland offers immediate access to the Lomond Hills and Falkland Estate which between them offer great scope for walking, cycling and other county pursuits. Loch Leven is also nearby. Perth, Dundee, St Andrews and Edinburgh are readily accessible from the village and there are mainline railway stations at Ladybank and Markinch.
Believed to date from circa 1850, and formerly forming part of the Temperance Hotel, Ladieburn Cottage is an outstanding property which has been extensively refurbished and improved by the current owners to offer wonderful, deceptively spacious family accommodation of a high standard with a lovely contemporary feel. The magnificent sitting room offers excellent living space and is centred around a wonderful feature fireplace with stove. Off the sitting room is the good-sized dining room which then leads on to the fabulous kitchen / family room with stove and large picture window to the colourful garden. The family bathroom, utility and hall complete the accommodation at this level. At first floor level there are two excellent well-proportioned bedrooms one with en-suite shower room and walk in wardrobe. Completing the accommodation are two good further bedrooms at second floor level, with one benefiting from an en-suite bathroom.
Charming throughout and offering fantastic comfortable modern family living space Ladieburn is a gem and must be viewed to be fully appreciated.
The delightful enclosed rear garden is an absolute oasis, well stocked with plants and flowers and a generous neat lawn.
There is a timber shed and a potting shed.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY15 7BZ
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price. Certain items may be available to purchase by way of separate negotiation.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from September 2021
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.