Kyloe House, Fenwick, Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Northumberland, TD15 2PG
An impressive country house occupying an elevated and private position, with stunning coastal views towards Holy Island and The Farne Islands. The property offers spacious and flexible accommodation, extending to 500m2 and externally there are equestrian facilities and grazing.
Property Details & Description
Ground Floor: Entrance Vestibule, Hallway, Drawing Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Utility, Cloakroom, Office
First Floor: Landing, Sun Room, Master Bedroom Suite (Dressing Room & En-Suite Shower Room), Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Bedroom 4, Bedroom 5, Family Bathroom, Shower Room.
Annex: Hallway, Living Room, Kitchen, Two Bedrooms, Shower Room, Store Room
Outside: Mature Gardens, Private Driveway, Stabling, Outbuildings, 20m x 60m Floodlit Riding Arena, Grazing Paddocks. In all circa 3.3 acres.
Berwick Railway Station 10 miles, Alnwick 21 miles, Newcastle-upon-Tyne 54 miles, Edinburgh 65 miles (all distances are approximate).
Kyloe House is set within its own grounds and occupies an elevated position which affords spectacular coastal views. The property lies close to the small North Northumberland village of Fenwick, whilst being only one mile from the A1(T) road which offers excellent commuting throughout the region. Berwick-upon-Tweed, England’s most northerly market town lies 10 miles to the North and is a bustling town offering a wide range of amenities including local and national shops, three supermarkets and schooling for all ages, including a private school at Longridge Towers. There are excellent sports clubs and leisure facilities and the town also benefits from a mainline railway station that connects to both Edinburgh and Newcastle in circa 45 minutes and London in circa 3.5 hours.
The bustling market town of Alnwick which lies 21 miles to the south provides everyday amenities with supermarkets, a good range of shops, primary and secondary schooling, a modern leisure centre, playhouse/cinema, hospital and Alnwick Castle and Gardens
North Northumberland is a beautiful county and offers diverse landscapes from its Heritage Coastline with miles of un-spoilt beaches and areas of historical interest such as Holy Island, Bamburgh Castle, Dunstanburgh Castle and the Farne Islands, whilst inland are the Cheviot Hills and the rolling countryside of national parks. To the north is the Scottish Borders renowned for its shooting and fishing.
Kyloe House is a handsome family home offering accommodation over two principal floors which extends to circa 500m2. The accommodation within is generous and flexible and the property is currently configured to allow for an annex which would lend itself to a holiday cottage. Although requiring modernisation, the property has ample character and charm, with period features throughout and by virtue of its position, benefits from a light and bright atmosphere, with spectacular countryside and coastal views.
The house is accessed from the front door straight into a vestibule, which in turn leads to the impressive hallway which has a fireplace as the focal point and a sweeping staircase to the first floor.
There are two formal reception rooms, a drawing room to the rear elevation and a dining room to the front, both with attractive marble fireplaces. Also to the rear is an office/snug with access to the garden.
The kitchen is very much the heart of this impressive family home and is large enough to accommodate informal dining. There are a range of storage units, a central island and an oil fired Aga. A large bay window allows for ample natural light and a pleasant view over the rear garden. Adjacent to the kitchen is a boot room with a WC and a useful utility room offering a large pantry.
An impressive sweeping staircase rises to the first floor landing, where there is a generous sunroom with an external balcony overlooking the rear garden and offering views towards Holy Island. The master bedroom has a large bay window to the rear offering panoramic views towards the coast and located off the master bedroom is a generous en-suite shower room and a dressing room. Bedrooms 2 and 3 are both large double rooms with a view to the front whilst bedrooms 4 and 5 have a view to the side elevations. Supporting the accommodation is a generous family bathroom and a separate shower room.
Accessible from the main house on both floors and with its own independent access, is a two bedroom annex comprising a hallway, cloakroom, generous sitting room, kitchen, two bedrooms and a shower room. This accommodation could be combined into the main house to offer additional living space or alternatively would make an ideal holiday let or offer accommodation to a dependant relative.
Within the house there is also a large cellar and loft space, both offering excellent storage.
The property is approached via a gravel driveway, through stone pillars and double timber gates to the front of the property where there is ample parking.
There is a large, mature and south facing garden to the rear, which backs onto open farmland and comprises a generous lawned area interspersed with mature trees and shrubs, together with a paved terrace, ideal for al-fresco dining.
The stable yard is accessed from the main driveway via a timber gate and comprises a range of timber loose boxes with associated feed rooms and hay stores. There is also a stone built, detached building, offering additional stabling/storage and offering scope for alternative uses, subject to obtaining the necessary consents. Adjacent to the stable yard there is a 20m x 60m all weather riding area with floodlights and two grazing paddocks.
In all the property extends to circa 3.3 acres.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD15 2PG.
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, curtains, blinds and light fittings are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
Please be aware, Kyloe House is not listed, nor in a conservation area.
Oil fired central heating.
Mains electricity and water.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Band F (Rating 33)
Northumberland Council - Telephone: 0345 600 6400
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.