Ivy Cottage, Hutton, Berwickshire, TD15 1TS
Ivy Cottage is a stunning 205 sq m detached house sitting in attractive garden grounds within the popular village of Hutton near Berwick upon Tweed. The property is beautifully presented inside and out and benefits from a generous garden, private parking, a garage, a detached home office and superb rural views.
Property Details & Description
Reception Hall, Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Utility, Cloakroom
Master Bedroom with En-Suite Bathroom, Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Shower Room, Sun Room
Gravelled Driveway, Mature Rear Garden, Detached Home Office, Greenhouse/Potting Shed, Garage
Berwick upon Tweed 7 Miles, Edinburgh 54 miles, Newcastle 68 miles
(All distances are approximate)
Ivy Cottage is positioned on the periphery of the desirable village of Hutton and benefits from delightful rural views to both front and rear.
Only seven miles away is the bustling historic market town of Berwick-upon-Tweed, which offers a range of excellent facilities and amenities, with a selection of local and national shops and supermarkets including M&S, Tesco, Homebase and Currys PC World to name a few. Berwick also has a wealth of independent shops, galleries, art and craft shops, cafes, pubs, wine bars and restaurants and The Maltings Theatre and cinema offering a wide choice of top-class entertainment. In addition, there are a good choice of doctors and dental surgeries as well as the local hospital. There are well respected local schools for all ages nearby and additional private schooling is available at Longridge Towers, 8 miles distant.
Beyond the local area is a range of popular attractions including historic castles and villages dotted along the stunningly beautiful Northumberland coastline including the renowned Holy Island, Bamburgh Castle and Alnwick Castle. There are also the Cheviot Hills and a number of market towns. Country and sporting pursuits are widely available including hill walks, salmon and trout fishing, hunting and shooting. Golf is available locally at Goswick and Magdalene Fields, with swimming, gym, squash, indoor bowling and all-weather facilities at the Swan Centre.
The A1 trunk road provides easy commutable access to both Newcastle and Edinburgh with Berwick’s mainline train station offering regular services up and down the east coast of the country, with London being a 3½ hour journey away. Edinburgh or Newcastle international airports are both just over an hour’s drive from Hutton.
Ivy Cottage is a charming period house situated in a particularly stunning part of the Scottish Borders which is in excellent condition throughout, having been tastefully refurbished and skilfully extended. Ivy Cottage extends to circa 205 sq meters and benefits from a light and bright atmosphere and generous and flexible accommodation.
Accessed from the gravelled parking area up a paved path, the front door leads into a welcoming reception hallway, an ideal place for muddy boots and coats. The accommodation on the ground floor of Ivy Cottage flows naturally from room to room and offers a stunning connecting reception space, comprising dining room and living room with a contemporary double-sided stove. There is a well-equipped kitchen with an adjacent utility room and cloakroom which also gives access to the attached garage.
Off the reception hallway, a staircase leads to the first floor landing where all accommodation can be accessed. The master bedroom boasts its own private en-suite bathroom whilst the other 2 bedrooms are supported by a family shower room. There is also a sitting room at this level, which offers stunning rural views.
Finally, a staircase from the first floor landing leads to a large and flexible space which offers excellent storage and is currently utilised as a child’s playroom, but could lend itself to a variety of uses.
The accommodation within the house is beautifully presented, with tasteful decor. There are quality fixtures and fittings, including granite worktops, limestone flooring, parquet amtico and sandstone hearth and mantle. There is underfloor heating to the ground floor, with radiators to the first-floor level and the house is double glazed throughout. All rooms offer views over surrounding countryside and the house is very private.
To the side of the property there is a gravelled driveway, comfortably providing parking for three vehicles. There is also an attached garage, with double timber doors which could accommodate a small car or provide excellent storage.
The garden is located to the rear of the property, is south facing and backs onto open farmland. The garden is mature and well maintained and comprises a large lawned area with mature hedging and fruit trees, raised vegetable beds and a large paved terrace, ideal for al-fresco dining. Supporting the garden is a timber greenhouse and potting shed.
Located within the garden is an impressive and purpose-built home office which benefits from light and power and a wood burning stove. There is also wood store and bike shed.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD15 1TS
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Please note that the electric Aga within the kitchen is excluded from the sale but may be available to purchase by separate negotiation.
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, curtains, blinds and light fittings are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
Please be aware, Ivy Cottage is not Listed, nor in a conservation area.
Oil fired central heating. Mains electricity, water and drainage.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Band E (Rating 45)
Scottish Borders Council - Telephone: 0300 100 1800
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.