Greencroft, East Ord, Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Northumberland, TD15 2NS
A rare opportunity to acquire a substantial detached bungalow with garage on a generous plot extending to circa 0.61 of an acre in the desirable locale of East Ord, with its delightful village green, pub and garden centre, close to the town of Berwick-upon-Tweed and sandy beaches on the east coast.
Property Details & Description
Hall, Cloakroom, Kitchen-Breakfast Room, Utility Porch, Dining Room, Family Room, Master Bedroom with En-Suite, Two Further Double Bedrooms, Family Bathroom.
Driveway with Parking, Attached Single Garage, Generous Private Landscaped Gardens, Shed, Greenhouse, Vegetable Patch, Fruit Cage.
Berwick Railway Station 2 miles, Edinburgh 55 miles, Newcastle-upon-Tyne 60 miles (all distances are approximate).
Occupying a peaceful edge-of-village position and on a substantial plot near to the village Green in East Ord, the property is within easy walking distance of the village shop and the popular public house, The Salmon Inn. East Ord lies just to the south of England’s most northerly market town of Berwick-upon-Tweed. This historic town with its Elizabethan walls and Georgian architecture offers a wide range of local and national shopping facilities, including five supermarkets, five national banks and numerous retailers. Berwick Upon Tweed also has schooling for all ages as well as a long-established private school called Longridge Towers which is within a short 2 mile drive. Berwick also boasts a fine arts theatre, a number of sports clubs, pleasant restaurants and public houses serving real ale.
Berwick is well served for commuting options throughout the country; it has a mainline railway station that connects to both Edinburgh and Newcastle in circa 45 minutes and London in circa 3.5 hours. The A1 trunk road also provides good road access to north and south.
North Northumberland is a beautiful county and offers diverse landscapes from its Heritage Coastline with miles of un-spoilt beaches and areas of historical interest such as Holy Island, Bamburgh Castle, Dunstanburgh Castle and the Farne Islands, whilst inland are the Cheviot Hills and the rolling countryside of national parks. To the north is the Scottish Borders renowned for its shooting and fishing.
Greencroft is large detached bungalow offering spacious accommodation throughout and situated on a generous plot in a private and peaceful edge-of-village location. The extensive gardens and grounds are fully enclosed and offer a high degree of privacy and include a drive with ample off-street parking and an integral garage. Internally there is a large welcoming reception hall with cloakroom, a good-sized dining room to the front of the house, a large living room to the rear and a family room with delightful views over the garden. The breakfasting kitchen is to the rear of the house and is fitted with a range of floor and wall-mounted unites with counters over. There is a range cooker and space for a dish washer and fridge freezer. Off the kitchen is a porch that gives access into the garden and there are three double bedrooms, all with fitted wardrobes and the master has an en-suite shower room. Completing the accommodation is the family bathroom.
The house and grounds are fully enclosed with gates opening on to a driveway providing ample parking. The grounds are mainly laid to lawn with mature trees, plants and shrubs, a green house, fruit cage, vegetable plot and timber shed. There is also an integral garage with power and light.
For the benefit of those with satellite navigation the property’s postcode is TD15 2NS.
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, curtains, blinds and light fittings are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
The property is not listed nor is it in a conservation area.
Oil central heating, mains water, mains electricity and drainage.
Northumberland County Council
Telephone: 01289 330044.
Council Tax Band:
Council Tax Band E.
Energy Efficiency Rating:
Internet Web Site:
This property and other properties offered by Rettie Berwick LLP can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, and www.tlo.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans:
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavor is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.