Clatto Stables, Blebocraigs, Cupar, KY15 5UE
Outstanding B listed country property close to St Andrews
· Immaculate family accommodation
· Fabulous Mozolowski & Murray orangery kitchen
· Delightful quiet setting in a highly sought-after village
· Beautiful landscaped garden
· Garage, sheds, parking
· Magnificent country living on the doorstep of the Home of Golf
Property Details & Description
Orangery kitchen, sitting room, living room, dining room, study, hall, utility room
4 bedrooms (1 en-suite), bathroom, hall
Delightful landscaped garden, garage, driveway parking, 2 sheds
Clatto Stables enjoys a wonderful private situation at the eastern end of Blebocraigs, surrounded by beautiful countryside and just 5 miles to the west of St Andrews. The historic and cosmopolitan university town of St Andrews is recognised worldwide at the Home of Golf and has an excellent range of shops, services and facilities. Cupar (5 miles) is also well served by shops and professional services as well as a railway station on the main east coast line, with regular connections to Edinburgh and north to Dundee/Aberdeen. The glorious Fife countryside that surrounds Blebocraigs is home to an array of wildlife and for the outdoor enthusiast offers easy access to a wide range of recreational pursuits including walking, cycling, riding and golf. Many highly regarded golf courses are within easy reach including the Old Course at St Andrews, regular venue for the Open Championship which is next due to visit in 2022 for its 150th anniversary.
The City of Dundee is some 13 miles to the north with Edinburgh just over an hour to the south. Fife’s quaint East Neuk with its picturesque fishing villages such as Anstruther, Pittenweem and St Monans and its charming varied coastline is also easily accessible from Blebocraigs.
In terms of days out, there are good sandy beaches at St Andrews, Kingbarns, Tentsmuiur and Elie, along with a number of popular National Trust for Scotland properties including Kellie Castle, Hill of Tarvit and Falkland Palace. State schooling is available locally with independent schooling provided at St Leonards in St Andrews and also the High School of Dundee. There are railway stations at Leuchars, Cupar, Ladybank and Dundee with Edinburgh airport just over an hour from the property.
Dating from 1853, and originally constructed in Victorian times as the stables for the nearby Clatto House, Clatto Stables is a sublime B listed country property on St Andrews’ doorstep offering superb family accommodation of a very high standard and centred around magnificent 2019 Mozolowski & Murray orangery kitchen. The house is of a lovely stone exterior under a slated roof with crow stepped gables and a south westerly aspect with far reaching views over the Fife countryside. On the ground floor and very much at the heart of the house is the superb and most substantial orangery kitchen with electric Everhot, double cupola and glazed doors to the garden. Folding doors lead through to the adjacent sitting room with stove. The drawing / living room is at the northern end of the house with open firs and doors to the garden. A particular feature of Clatto Stables is the wonderful central dining hall ideally suited to entertaining, with the study / bed 5, utility room and WC completing the accommodation at this level. Upstairs there are 4 double bedrooms, with the master benefiting from en-suite facilities, along with hall and family bathroom.
Clatto Stables stands in a delightful generously proportioned landscaped garden with extensive lawns and a mix of plants trees and shrubs to provide year-round interest and colour. There are sheltered seating areas and terraces enjoying the far-reaching views, and a vegetable garden.
There is a garage with 2 timber sheds adjacent.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY15 5UE.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement. The Vendors would ideally prefer a spring 2022 date of entry.
Mains water and electricity. Oil heating. Private drainage
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000 Website:.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from September 2021
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.