Ashfield, Horndean, Berwickshire, TD15 1XJ
An impressive four bedroom, 286 sq. meter family home set within one acre of private garden grounds within the popular rural hamlet of Horndean. The house is beautifully presented throughout with high-quality fixtures and fittings and the location offers a wonderful country lifestyle, yet only a fifteen-minute drive to the A1 and Berwick-upon-Tweed on the coast.
Property Details & Description
Hallway, Living Room, Family Room, Dining Room, Dining Kitchen, Sun Room, Utility, Cloakroom.
Landing, Master Bedroom (En-Suite), Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Bedroom 4, Family Bathroom
Sweeping Private Driveway, Detached Double Garage, Mature Private Garden
Berwick-upon-Tweed Mainline Rail Station 8 miles, Duns 10 miles, Edinburgh 53 miles, Newcastle-upon-Tyne 68 miles (all distances are approximate).
Ashfield is located within the pretty hamlet of Horndean and is within easy access of the popular village of Norham, which lies on the banks of the River Tweed and is framed around a pretty village green. Norham offers excellent local facilities including a village shop, a very good local butcher, a baker, two public house and a primary school. There is a doctor’s surgery in the village and a Post Office van every weekday.
Further to the west is the market town of Duns which offers a wider range of amenities and to the east lies Berwick-upon-Tweed, England’s most northerly market town, renowned for its Elizabethan walls and stunning architecture and viaduct. The town offers a wide selection of amenities and is well serviced with local and national shops, five national supermarkets, schooling for all ages, including a private school at Longridge Towers and a selection of leisure clubs and sports clubs, banks, public houses, restaurants and a theatre. The region is well serviced for commuting possibilities with a mainline rail station connecting to both Edinburgh and Newcastle in circa 45 minutes and London Kings Cross in circa 3.5 hours. In addition to this is the A1 trunk road, providing ease of access both north and south respectively. To the east is the Berwickshire and Northumberland rugged coastline with miles of unspoilt beaches and beautiful landscapes, with areas such as St Abbs and Coldingham Bay, Holy Island, Bamburgh Castle and the Farne Isles.
Ashfield is a modern country home, built circa 24 years ago toa high standard and offering bright and well-proportioned accommodation over two principal floors extending to circa 286 sq. meters. The house is beautifully presented, with a flexible layout and benefits from double glazing and oil fired central heating.
The property is accessed into a welcoming hallway where there are two useful storage cupboards and staircase rising to the first floor level There are three reception rooms accessed off the hallway: A large living room with French doors connecting to the garden and with a stone fireplace housing a multi fuel stove as its focal point, a family room which would make an ideal playroom or home office and a generous dining room overlooking the front garden.
The kitchen is very much the heart of this beautiful family home and is large enough to a accommodate both dining, living and food preparation areas. There are a range of painted country style units including a large island unit together with a two oven oil fired Aga, a separate induction hob and an integrated dishwasher. There are windows to the side elevation, ample space for a large dining table and access through to the sun room which connects to the rear garden. Also located off the kitchen is the utility room which offers further storage and space for appliances, a cloakroom, a large, shelved pantry and a door to the exterior.
A staircase from the hallway leads up to the first floor landing which has built in shelving and sufficient space for a sitting area. There are four bedrooms on this level; a generous master bedroom with built in wardrobed and a recently re-fitted en-suite shower room, two further large double bedrooms with built in wardrobes and a smaller double. A recently re-fitted family bathroom services the first floor accommodation.
The property occupies a private and mature position, standing in grounds of circa 1 acre which wrap around the property and back onto open farmland.
There is a sweeping driveway which leads around to the rear of the house and offers ample parking and there is also a detached double garage with light and power.
The garden ground is well maintained and compromises large areas of lawn, a variety of trees and mature shrubs. There is a paved terrace, ideal for al-fresco dining and a productive kitchen garden with fruit trees and raised beds. Within the kitchen garden is a useful outbuilding.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD15 1XJ.
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
The property is not listed and is not in a conservation area.
Mains electricity, mains water, private drainage.
Oil fired central heating.
Energy Efficiency Rating: D (65)
Scottish Borders Council - Telephone: 01835 824 000.
Council Tax Band: G
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Borders LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Borders LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Borders LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn