Anvil Cottage, Radernie, Cupar, Fife, KY15 5LN
Substantial energy efficient country property with excellent self-contained 1 bed studio apartment.
Spacious well-presented accommodation with good southerly views.
Potential scope for attic conversion subject to all consents / permissions.
Generous garden with plentiful driveway parking.
Double garage with utility area.
Lovely rural setting with considerable B&B potential.
PV panels and solar electric water heating.
Car charging point.
Convenient for St Andrews and the East Neuk.
Property Details & Description
Sitting room, sun room, kitchen / dining room, home office/ family room / bedroom 5, 4 bedrooms (1 en-suite), family bathroom, shower room, utility room.
Excellent additional self-contained 1 bed studio apartment above double garage offering significant letting potential.
EPC = B
Anvil Cottage is a superb highly energy efficient country property, well presented and standing in a wonderful position close to the popular village of Peat Inn in Fife, home of the renowned Michelin starred Peat Inn restaurant. A short distance to the north-east is St. Andrews, famed world-wide as the “Home of Golf” and with a wonderful cosmopolitan mix of facilities including shops, restaurants, pubs and the like. The 150th anniversary British Open returns to the town in 2022. The local county market town of Cupar is a short drive to the north west and offers a good mix of shops and general amenities. Less than twenty miles to the north lies the city of Dundee, already home to Scott’s RSS Discovery and the location of the V & A museum. Perth is about a forty five minute drive to the north-west with Edinburgh also within comfortable driving distance. Anvil Cottage stands in some glorious Fife countryside which is home to an array of wildlife and in terms of recreational pursuits offers great scope for walking, cycling, riding and golf with many highly rated courses within easy reach including Elie, Crail, Lundin Links, Leven and Ladybank as well as the numerous fine courses in and around St. Andrews where The Old Course is a magnet for golf tourists from around the world. The pretty fishing villages of Fife’s quaint East Neuk such as Anstruther, Elie, Pittenweem and Crail are just a short drive to the south whilst in terms of days out the wide open spaces of the Lomond Hills are close at hand along with a number of popular National Trust for Scotland properties including Hill of Tarvit outside Ceres, Kellie Castle and Falkland Palace. Fife’s beautiful and varied coastline includes several good sandy beaches such as Tentsmuir, Kingsbarns, St. Andrews and Elie. State schooling is available locally with private schooling being provided at St. Leonards in St. Andrews and also the High School of Dundee. There are railway stations in Cupar, Leuchars, Markinch and Ladybank with Edinburgh airport easily accessed to the south.
With a lovely southerly aspect, Anvil Cottage is a most substantial family house with excellent additional self-contained 1 bed studio apartment above the double garage. The main house is of an attractive harled exterior under a tiled roof and offers wonderful spacious well-presented accommodation essentially over one level with good main sitting room with sun room off, home office/ family room / bedroom 5, spacious kitchen / dining room, 4 bedrooms (1 en-suite), family bathroom, shower room, utility room and hall. There is also a sizeable attic which is believed may have considerable scope for loft conversion purposes, subject to all relevant consents and permissions being obtained. In addition to the main house there is also a super self-contained 1 bed studio apartment above the double garage with open plan kitchen / sitting room / dining room with balcony off, double bedroom and shower room. The studio has historically let well both long term and for holiday lets. The double garage beneath the studio has a utility area to service the studio.
The property benefits for PV panels and solar electric water heating. There is a type 2 electric car charging point.
Anvil Cottage stands in an extensive garden with blocked driveway, lawn and an attractive mix of plants, trees and shrubs. There are good southerly views over the surrounding fields and countryside.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY15 5LN
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, electricity and drainage. Propane gas along with PV panels and solar water heating. The is an electric car charging point
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000 Website: https://www.fife.gov.uk.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
A deposit of 10% of the purchase price may be required. It will be paid within 7 days of the conclusion of Missives. The deposit will be non-returnable in the event of the Purchaser(s) failing to complete the sale for reasons not attributable to the Seller or his agents
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.