8 Whitehall Close, Chirnside, Berwickshire, TD11 3SS
8 Whitehall Close is a well presented 81 sq m three-bedroom modern semi-detached house which benefits from a generous rear garden and a private driveway. The property is located within a sought-after residential area, within the village of Chirnside and is well placed for easy access to a range of local amenities.
Property Details & Description
Ground Floor: Entrance Hall, Living Room, Dining Kitchen, Cloakroom
Landing, Master Bedroom, Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Family Bathroom
Front & Rear Garden, Private Driveway
Duns 6 miles, Berwick upon Tweed Train Station 9 miles, Edinburgh 45 miles (All distances are approximate).
8 Whitehall Close is situated in a particularly beautiful part of the Scottish Borders within the popular village of Chirnside, which offers a wide range of amenities including a primary school, doctors surgery, pharmacy, Co-Op, post office, newsagent and butchers, Chirnside is 1 mile to the north.
9 miles east of the property is England’s most northerly market town of Berwick upon Tweed. Berwick has an excellent range of shops and facilities, a wealth of cafes and restaurants and including The Maltings Theatre and Cinema which offers a wide range of entertainment. There is a selection of more mainstream shops including M&S, Tesco’s, Morrison’s, Asda, Homebase, Next and Argos and Berwick also has a good choice of doctors and dental surgeries.
Beyond the local area are a range of popular attractions including historic castles and villages dotted along the outstandingly beautiful coastline; the renowned Holy Island, the Cheviot Hills and popular market towns of Alnwick and Kelso.
Country and sporting pursuits are readily available nearby including hill walking, salmon and trout fishing, hunting and shooting. Golf is available locally at Duns, Eyemouth and the Hirsel, with swimming, gym, squash, and indoor bowling at the Swan Centre in Berwick-upon-Tweed.
The A1 trunk road provides easy, commutable access to Newcastle upon Tyne and Edinburgh, with Berwick’s mainline train station offering quick and effective transport up and down the East Coast of the country.
Despite its proximity to both Edinburgh and Newcastle, the area has a low population and can therefore offer a quality of life that is becoming increasingly rare.
8 Whitehall Close is a three-bedroom semi-detached modern property, constructed by Persimmon Homes in 2014. The property is beautifully presented throughout and offers generous and well-presented accommodation over two principal floors which is heated by way of a gas fired central heating system and has double glazing throughout.
The property is accessed from the front door into reception hall which has a useful storage cupboard, ideal for coats and shoes and a cloakroom with WC and wash hand basin. From the reception hall, a door opens into the large and welcoming living room which has a window to the front aspect to allow for ample natural light. From here, there is an opening through to the impressive dining kitchen which offers a range of wall and base units with worksurface over and housing sink and drainer and integrated electric oven with gas hob and extractor over. There is ample space for a large dining table, windows to the rear and a door giving access to the garden.
Stairs from the ground floor lead up to the first floor where there is a spacious landing with a useful storage cupboard. There are three bedrooms on this floor and a modern family bathroom.
To the rear of the property is a generous and fully enclosed garden which comprises a lawned area, a decking area, a useful timber shed and a generous paved patio, ideal for al-fresco dining.
To the side of the house is a private driveway offering parking for two vehicles and to the front is a lawned garden with hedging.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD11 3SS
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings:
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Listing and Conservation:
Please be aware, 8 Whitehall Close is not listed nor within a conservation village.
All mains services are connected.
Assessed to band C
Energy Efficiency Rating:
Band C (Rating 80)
Scottish Borders Council
Tel: 01835 824000.
Internet Web Site:
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans:
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Border LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Borders LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Borders LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.