8 Cheviot Park, Foulden, Berwickshire, TD15 1US
A substantial modern family home on a generous plot, positioned on the edge of the sought-after village of Foulden and offering four receptions, four double bedrooms and two bathrooms. The house is well-presented throughout and has landscaped gardens to the front, side and rear, an integral garage, off-street parking and far-reaching rural views.
Property Details & Description
Entrance Foyer, Hall, Sitting Room, Dining Room, Living Room, Family Room, Kitchen, Utility Room, Cloakroom.
Landing, Master Bedroom with En-Suite, Three Further Double Bedrooms, Family Bathroom.
Driveway with Off-Street Parking, Landscaped Gardens, Integral Garage.
Berwick-upon-Tweed Mainline Rail Station 5 miles, Edinburgh 52 miles, Newcastle-upon-Tyne 69 miles (all distances are approximate).
Cheviot Park is a small residential development consisting of just sixteen houses on the southern edge of the pretty village of Foulden. Positioned away from the main village road, the properties enjoy a peaceful and quiet location within a short walk to the centre of the village, village hall and playing field. The house stands on a generous plot and enjoys a prime end-of-cul-de-sac position with open rural views to the South and West. Foulden is set in the beautiful rolling Berwickshire countryside and is approximately three miles west of Berwick-upon-Tweed, England’s most northerly market town, renowned for its Elizabethan walls and stunning architecture and viaduct. The town has a wide selection of amenities and is well serviced with local and national shops, five national supermarkets, schooling for all ages including a private school at Longridge Towers as well as a selection of leisure clubs and sports clubs, banks, public houses and restaurants and theatre. The region is well serviced for commuting possibilities with a mainline rail station connecting to both Edinburgh and Newcastle in circa 45 minutes and London Kings Cross in circa 3.5 hours. In addition to this is the A1 trunk road providing ease of access both north and south respectively. To the east is the Berwickshire and Northumberland rugged coastline with miles of unspoilt beaches and beautiful landscapes, with areas such as St Abbs and Coldingham Bay, Holy Island, Bamburgh Castle and the Farne Isles. The village is served by Border Buses 60 service with regular services into Berwick to the east and Duns to the west.
8 Cheviot Park is modern detached family home positioned on a generous plot with a rendered exterior under a slate roof. The property offers spacious accommodation over two floors, landscaped gardens and an integral garage. The front door opens into a foyer and a part-glazed door leads into the main hall, with stairs rising to the first floor. To the front of the house on either side of the hall are two good-sized receptions with bay windows and the living room has double doors opening into the dining room, which in turn has double doors leading into the large sitting room to the rear of the house and a door into the kitchen. The sitting room offers a triple aspect over the garden with French doors leading outside, a fantastic room for entertaining and family get-togethers. The kitchen has a stylish Shaker style fitted kitchen consisting of floor and wall mounted units with quartz counter-tops and a breakfasting peninsula with a solid timber counter. Integral appliances include double ovens, a ceramic hob with extractor over, fridge and a dishwasher. The kitchen has a window overlooking the rear garden and recessed timber shelving. A rear vestibule gives access to a fitted cupboard, a cloak room and the utility room, with a window to the rear and a door leading out to the side of the house. The utility room has fitted floor mounted units with a sink and drainer and plumbing for a washing machine. On the first floor there is a landing with a window to the front of the house, an airing cupboard and a hatch giving access to the loft space. The master bedroom is to the front and has fitted double wardrobes and an en-suite, consisting mains corner shower, WC and hand basin. There are three further double bedrooms, all with fitting storage and completing the accommodation is the family bathroom, consisting a claw-foot roll-top bath, separate shower, hand basin, WC and towel radiator.
Attached to the property is a garage with power and light and the driveway provides off-street parking. The house offers delightful landscaped gardens to the front, side and rear including a large level rear lawn, patio for relaxing and afresco dining and an attractive pergola for shaded seating. There are far-reaching views from the house over open fields towards the Cheviot Hills to the south.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD15 1US.
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, curtains and blinds are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
The property is not listed and is not in a conservation area.
Mains electricity, mains water, mains drainage, oil central heating.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Scottish Borders Council - Telephone: 01835 824 000
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.