6 Townsend Place, Kirkcaldy, Fife, KY1 1HB
Delightful terraced period house.
Charming spacious family accommodation
Well-presented flexible living space
Minutes from town centre and train station
Front and rear gardens
Permit street parking
Rented garage potentially available nearby
Early entry available.
Property Details & Description
Sitting Room, Dining / Family Room, Kitchen, Bathroom, Hall
Landing, 3 Bedrooms and Shower Room
Front garden, enclosed rear garden.
Permit street parking
Rented garage potentially available nearby by separate negotiation
6 Townsend Place is attractively situated in a terrace of period houses in a popular, established residential location a short distance from the centre of Kirkcaldy.
Kirkcaldy is a long established coastal town, which offers a wide range of shopping, commercial and leisure facilities. The town centre has a good range of local shops and supermarkets along with the Adam Smith Theatre, Museum and Art Gallery. Kirkcaldy is a thriving modern community with a history as one of Scotland’s most ancient Burgh’s. For the commuter, excellent communications are provided by road,
rail and air. Access to motorway systems is easily gained, as the town lies within a few miles drive of the A92 which leads to the M90
and Central Scotland’s arterial road network. Kirkcaldy railway station provides an excellent commuter services to Edinburgh as well as
stops on the Fife circle line to the north and south. Edinburgh Airport is approximately 25 miles drive, offering an extensive range of domestic and international flights.
Believed to date from around 1880, 6 Townsend Place is a most attractive mid-terraced period stone house offering delightful well-presented family accommodation over three levels.
At ground floor level the well-proportioned main sitting room is to the front with lovely bay window and fireplace. To the rear is another good-sized room offering scope for a formal dining room / family room or additional bedroom 5. The well appointed kitchen, family bathroom and hall complete the ground floor.
There are three good sized bedrooms at first floor level along with a shower room, with the excellent attic room offering ideal space for a home office / further bedroom.
The deceptively spacious accommodation benefits from many delightful period features and mains gas central heating.
Early entry is potentially available.
Early viewing is highly recommended.
Front garden, enclosed rear garden.
Permit street parking.
A rented garage may available nearby by separate negotiation.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY1 1HB.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, electricity and gas.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from January 2021.
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.