5 Lady Wynd, Kingsbarns, St. Andrews, KY16 8SU
Superb cottage in the heart of Kingsbarns village, close to St Andrews and the Fife coast.
Charming well-presented accommodation.
Lovely quiet village setting.
Delightful cottage garden.
Ideal second home / holiday let.
Convenient for St Andrews and the East Neuk.
Property Details & Description
Hall, Sitting Room, Kitchen, Bedroom, Bathoom.
Front and rear gardens.
5 Lady Wynd is delightfully and quietly situated in the centre of the sought-after conservation village of Kingsbarns. The village offers some useful local amenities such as a pub and a tea room, with Crail (2 miles) providing a good range of shops, services and facilities as well as picturesque harbour. From Kingsbarns there is easy access to all of the other East Neuk villages including Anstruther, Cellardyke, St Monans and Elie. The ancient and historic coastal town of St Andrews is only 8 miles to the north and offers an excellent range of facilities along with a highly regarded university and is also known world-wide as the Home of Golf. About seventeen miles to the north–west lies Cupar, Fife’s thriving county market town which also provides a good range of services. In terms of city amenities, Dundee is about 23 miles to the north and Edinburgh about 51 miles to the south via the Queensferry Crossing. Surrounding Kingsbarns is an area of truly glorious Fife countryside comprising a wonderful mix of fertile farmland, woodland, hill, stunning coastline and river. The result is home to an array of wildlife and for the outdoor enthusiast offers access to a wide range of recreational pursuits including riding, cycling, walking, sailing and of course golf, with many highly rated courses within easy reach including the courses at Crail itself (seventh oldest golf club in the world), Kingsbarns, The Fairmont, Elie and also the numerous fine courses in and around St Andrews. The British Open returns to the Old Course in 2022 for its 150th anniversary. State schooling is available locally with private schooling being provided at St Leonards in St Andrews and the High School of Dundee. There are railway stations at Leuchars, Cupar, Ladybank, Markinch and Kirkcaldy with Edinburgh Airport less than an hour and twenty minutes to the south.
Beautifully presented throughout, 5 Lady Wynd is a delightful stone village cottage which exudes traditional East Neuk charm and character, ideally suited either as a permanent residence or as a second home / holiday let close to the sea and St Andrews. The immaculate accommodation comprises a well-proportioned sitting room with cosy stove and glazed door to the rear garden, good double bedroom with fitted storage, well-appointed kitchen, bathroom and hall. There is also a deep cupboard / store that could potentially lend itself well to a home office / study.
The property benefits from attractive cottage gardens to the front and rear. There is a decorative feature well and BBQ wall.
There is a useful shed and log store.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
The property’s postcode is KY16 8SU
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, electricity and drainage. Electric heating.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: Website:
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
A deposit of 10% of the purchase price may be required. It will be paid within 7 days of the conclusion of Missives. The deposit will be non-returnable in the event of the Purchaser(s) failing to complete the sale for reasons not attributable to the Seller or his agents
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at as well as our affiliated websites at and In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.