Rowan Cottage, 5 Gifford Road, Longformacus, Duns, Scottish Borders, TD11 3NZ
A delightful two bedroomed cottage positioned on the edge of the pretty village of Longformacus with landscaped gardens and beautiful uninterrupted rural views.
The property benefits from two generous receptions, a contemporary kitchen and bathroom, off-street parking and a west facing rear garden which is a real suntrap.
Hall, sitting room, conservatory, kitchen, two double bedrooms, Bathroom.
Drive with off-street parking, front garden, rear garden with patio and far-reaching views.
Edinburgh 36 miles, Duns 7 miles, Berwick Railway Terminus 22 miles
(All distances are approximate)
Strictly by appointment only with Rettie & Co in Berwick upon Tweed, 01289 305 158.
Rowan Cottage is positioned on the edge of the village with far-reaching rural views to the rear. Longformacus is a small village situated on the edge of the Lammermuir Hills with the Dye Water river running through it. The Southern Upland Way which crosses southern Scotland passes through the village. About seven miles west of the village is the popular and friendly town of Duns which offers an excellent range of amenities including local shops, cafes, restaurants, pubs and professional services. Duns also has a well-respected and successful High School and Primary School as well as Duns Castle which offers ample dog walking opportunities around the grounds. On the other side of Longformacus about twenty-two miles to the east is the well-known market town of Berwick upon Tweed. Berwick is a vibrant town, with a good range of services and retailers and a number of hotels, restaurants, pubs and a wine bar. There is the popular Maltings Theatre and Cinema, as well as a regular market and a number of galleries and arts and crafts shops. Berwick also offers a main line railway station providing a fast link to London Kings Cross (3h 39mins), Edinburgh (43 mins), Newcastle (45 mins) and Leeds (2h 19 mins). Additional private schooling is available at Longridge Towers with St Mary’s prep school in Melrose and Belhaven at Dunbar both within 40 miles.
The immediate area provides a good variety of recreational activities from events and gardens, to excellent opportunities for the country sports enthusiast. There is salmon fishing on the River Tweed, trout fishing in various local lochs and pheasant and grouse shooting on local estates. There are a number of good golf courses in easy reach, including Duns Golf Club which is only a mile away, Goswick Golf Club and the championship Roxburgh course near Kelso.
Rowan Cottage is a semi-detached two-bedroomed home offering accommodation all on one level, with double glazing and oil-fired central heating. The front door opens into a welcoming hall giving access to all living accommodation. The sitting room is to the front of the house with a window overlooking the front garden and a window to the side. There is a feature open fireplace with brick surround and timber mantle and there is recessed shelving to one side. The kitchen is to the rear of the house and is fitted with a country style range of floor and wall-mounted units with counters over. A door leads out into a generous conservatory with double doors leading out into the west-facing rear garden. There are two double bedrooms, one to the front of the house and one to the rear with French doors leading out into the garden, perfect for morning coffee on a summer’s day. Completing the accommodation is a modern shower room with a window to the rear and fitted with a contemporary double shower with rainfall showerhead and a vanity unit incorporating a handbasin and WC.
To the front of the house is a landscaped garden and there is a driveway to the side providing ample parking. To the rear of the house is the west-facing garden which enjoys the afternoon and evening sunshine and it has a patio area for relaxing and entertaining and there is a timber shed.
For the benefit of those with satellite navigation the property’s postcode is TD11 3NZ
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets and light fittings are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
The property is not listed nor is it within a conservation area.
Mains electricity water and drainage.
Oil fired central heating system
Fibre Broadband services are available.
Scottish Borders Council
Tel: 01835 824000.
Energy Efficiency Rating:
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans:
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
All genuinely interested parties are advised to instruct their solicitors to note interest with the Selling Agents immediately after inspection.
Offers must be submitted to Rettie Berwick LLP.
Formal contracts are expected to be exchanged 6 weeks after the survey has been carried out.
A deposit of 10% of the purchase price will be required upon exchange of contracts. The deposit will be non-returnable in the event of the Purchaser(s) failing to complete the sale for reasons not attributed to the Seller or his agents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contract in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
Internet Web Site:
This property and other properties offered by Rettie Berwick LLP can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, and www.tlo.co.uk.