4 Greystonelees, Upper Burnmouth, Eyemouth, Berwickshire, TD14 5SZ
A substantial modern detached family home with elegant décor and very spacious accommodation throughout, integral garage, landscaped gardens and sea views. Positioned in the coastal hamlet of Greystonelees next to Burnmouth, this turn-key property is ideal for commuting with the A1and nearby mainline railway station at Berwick-upon-Tweed.
Property Details & Description
Ground Floor: Hall, Shower Room/WC, Sitting Room., Study, Kitchen-Dining Room, Utility Room.
First Floor: Landing, Master Suite with En-Suite and Dressing Area, Three Further Double Bedrooms with Built-In Wardrobes, Family Bathroom.
Outside: Driveway with Ample Parking, Landscaped Gardens.
Berwick Railway Station 5 miles, Edinburgh 51 miles, Newcastle-upon-Tyne 65 miles (all distances are approximate).
This contemporary and very spacious family home is situated in the hamlet of Greystonlees, a small coastal community positioned next to the village of Burnmouth. Burnmouth is a quiet fishing village which offers a beautiful shingle beach, public house and restaurant, an active Village Hall and a regular bus service to the north and south.
Three miles north of the property is the larger historical fishing town of Eyemouth, which offers both primary and secondary schools, a medical practice and many local shops and services.
To the south is England’s most northerly market town of Berwick-upon-Tweed (5 miles). Berwick provides wider shopping and professional services and a direct mainline railway station. The A1 also ensures that Edinburgh (51 miles) and Newcastle-upon-Tyne (65 miles) are easily accessible.
Beyond the local area are a range of popular attractions including historic castles and villages dotted along the outstandingly beautiful Berwickshire and Northumberland coastlines. The renowned Holy Island, St Abbs marine reserve and dive centre, Coldingham Sands and the popular market towns of Alnwick, Coldstream and Kelso are all within easy reach.
4 Greystonelees was completed in 2015 and is a modern detached family home offering spacious living accommodation over two floors and an integral garage. The property is well-presented throughout and offers ample private parking on the private drive and landscaped gardens and grounds. The front door opens into a large hall with stairs rising to the first floor and a shower room/WC. The sitting room is a generous reception with windows to the front and side of the house and a study off the hall would also serve as a ground floor bedroom, serviced by the shower room/WC. The heart of the home is the large open-plan kitchen-dining room with a contemporary kitchen with integral appliances and an island, perfect for entertaining. There is a door leading out into the garden and another leading into the utility room and through into the integral garage. On the first floor there is a landing with a storage cupboard. The master suite comprises a walk-through dressing area with built-in wardrobes, generous bedroom and an en-suite shower room. There are three further double bedrooms, all with fitted wardrobes and a modern family bathroom.
The house has a private driveway offering ample parking for several vehicles and landscaped garden and grounds. There is an integral garage with power and light.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD14 5SZ.
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, curtains, blinds and light fittings are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
The property is not listed nor is it in a conservation area.
Mains electricity, mains water, private drainage, gas central heating.
Energy Efficiency Rating:
Scottish Borders Council - Telephone: 01835 824 000.
Council Tax Band: F
Internet Web Site:
This property and other properties offered by Rettie Berwick LLP can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie Berwick LLP, 50 Hide Hill, Berwick upon Tweed, TD15 1AB. A closing date by which offers must be submitted may be fixed later. Please note that interested parties are advised to register their interest with the selling agents in order that they may be advised should a closing date be set. The seller reserves the right to accept any offer at any time.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans:
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.