3 The Barns, Heathery Tops Farm, Scremerston, Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Northumberland, TD15 2QT
3 The Barns is an impressive 245 sq. meter, 4/5 bedroom steading conversion in excellent order with the benefit of ample private parking and landscaped gardens. The property occupies a rural yet accessible location and is well placed for easy access to a range of amenities and excellent road and rail links.
Property Details & Description
Entrance porch, reception hallway, open plan kitchen/sitting/dining room, family living room, formal dining room/bedroom 5, W.C, utility room.
Landing, master bedroom with en-suite, bedroom 2 with en-suite, 2 further double bedrooms, family bathroom.
Private parking, patio, front and rear garden, outbuilding.
Berwick Railway Station 3 miles, Newcastle-upon-Tyne 63 miles, Edinburgh 58 miles (all distances are approximate).
Heathery Tops Farm is positioned on the edge of Scremerston Village with a stunning countryside outlook and feel. It is accessed up a well maintained tarcamaded farm lane just off the A1167 and is set within a hamlet of about 16 other barn conversions and cottages.
Heathery Tops is within walking distance of Tweedmouth and is surrounded by some of England and Scotland most beautiful countryside. This means the property enjoys an abundance of dog walking or hiking opportunities straight from the front door. The world famous River Tweed is an easy stroll, as is the Northumberland Coastline that offers miles of unspoilt beaches, including the popular Cocklawburn Beach. The Northumberland Coastline is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (A.O.N.B) and has many historical places of interest, including Bamburgh Castle, Holy Island and the Farne Isles. This region offers a wonderful lifestyle opportunity, whilst having great national links.
Tweedmouth is only a mile up the road from the property and offers an excellent range of local and national amenities including a Tesco’s supermarket, Mark and Spencer’s, Argos and Homebase. Tweedmouth also has reputable schooling for all ages, a fitness centre and a number of restaurants, pubs and take-aways.
Berwick-upon-Tweed is just over the River Tweed, about a mile and a half away from 3 The Barns and is England’s most northerly market town. This bustling town offers further amenities including local and national shops, three supermarkets and further schooling. Berwick also has a mainline train station, which is popular with daily commuters travelling to Edinburgh or Newcastle. London is also accessible by train in under 3.5 hours.
Heathery Tops Farm benefits from easy access to the A1.
Despite Heathery Top’s proximity to both Edinburgh and Newcastle, the area has a low population and can therefore offer a quality of life that is becoming increasingly rare.
3 The Barns at Heathery Tops is an impressive 4/5 bedroom family home, converted approximately 10 years ago from a stone steading. The property offers spacious and well-presented accommodation throughout and benefits from ample parking and easy to maintain garden grounds. The property would make an excellent permanent or holiday home depending on requirements. 3 The Barns is double glazed throughout and heated by way of an oil-fired boiler.
The property is accessed through a porch, into a welcoming and spacious reception hallway which offers access to all the accommodation on the ground floor starting with an open plan kitchen/family room. The family room offers access outside to the front garden and benefits from a light and bright atmosphere. The fully fitted kitchen has been sensibly designed with a free standing Everhot range cooker as the focal point. There are a range of wall and base units, including a central island together with integrated appliances. The kitchen also offers access to the utility room which again has a good range of storage units and a back door to the rear patio and garden. Returning to the reception hallway the accommodation flows naturally from room to room. The sitting room which is situated at the end of the hallway is again beautifully presented, with a fireplace forming the focal point and offers French doors outside to the rear garden. The formal dining room which looks out over the front garden is currently being used as a snug/library and has a range of fitted bookshelves. This room is a generous size and like a lot of the accommodation on the ground floor, offers access outside to the front garden. A downstairs toilet completes the accommodation of the ground floor.
From the hallway on the ground floor there is an internal staircase which leads to the first floor landing. The landing offers double storage/wardrobe cupboard, an airing cupboard and a Velux window allows natural light to flood the first floor and entrance reception hall. At the far end is the master bedroom. The master bedroom benefits from an en-suite shower room and a large walk in wardrobe which offers ample storage and hanging space. The wardrobe also offers access to the attic space which is floored and runs the whole length of the property. There are 3 further double bedrooms situated down the length of the landing, bedroom 2 also offers an en-suite shower room. A large family bathroom with a free-standing bath and separate shower cubicle supports bedrooms 3 and 4.
3 The Barns has a rear patio that runs the length of the house with a further area of garden raised up. The garden has recently been landscaped with newly planted hedging and shrubs and offers various sitting areas to enjoy al-fresco dining. Within the garden there is a well screened oil tank and a useful detached outbuilding, with electricity, offering excellent storage.
For the benefit of those with satellite navigation the property’s postcode is TD15 2QT.
There is an annual service charge of £250 to cover the cost of the communal septic tank and maintenance of the drive.
Drainage to a communal septic tank.
Oil fired central heating.
Northumberland County Council
Telephone: 01289 330044.
Council Tax Band:
Energy Efficiency Rating:
Band C (Rating 81).
Internet Web Site:
This property and other properties offered by Rettie Berwick LLP can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, and www.tlo.co.uk.
Offers should be submitted to the selling agent, Rettie Berwick LLP, 50 Hide Hill, Berwick upon Tweed, TD15 1AB. A best and final closing date by which offers must be submitted may be fixed later. Please note that interested parties are advised to register their interest with the selling agents in order that they may be advised should a best and final closing date be set. The seller reserves the right to accept any offer at any time.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans:
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavor is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn..