Property Details & Description
Ground Floor: Drawing Room, Sitting Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Study, Cloakroom / WC, Utility Room, Boiler Room, Hall, Porch
First Floor: Master Bedroom with en-suite Bathroom and Dressing Room, 3 Further Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Hall
Second Floor: Games Room, Bedroom with Sitting / Study Area
Attractive well stocked garden
Garage, garden store, coal store
Wonderful Art Deco style
Bright southerly aspect
Convenient for St Andrews town centre.
3 Strathkinness High Road is quietly situated in a popular residential area on the western outskirts of St Andrews, just a short walk from the heart of Scotland’s golfing mecca, and minutes from the town’s cosmopolitan main shopping district which includes South Street, Market Street, Bell Street and North Street. The ancient and historic university town offers residents a superb mix of amenities and facilities and is renowned worldwide as the “Home of Golf”. The city of Dundee is some thirteen miles to the north with Edinburgh easily accessible to the south. Fife’s pretty East Neuk is nearby with its quaint picturesque fishing villages such as Anstruther, Pittenweem and Elie, whilst the bustling county market town of Cupar is a short drive to the west. Surrounding St. Andrews is some particularly fine countryside and coastline with a lovely mix of farmland, woodland, river and hill ground. The result is home to an array of wildlife and provides an excellent choice for the outdoor enthusiast with walking, cycling, sailing and riding all readily available. There are many highly regarded golf courses in the area including the Old Course at St. Andrews and the Championship Course at Carnoustie, both of which regularly host the British Open – the event returns to St Andrews in 2022 for its 150th anniversary. The courses at Dumbarnie, Kingsbarns, Crail and Ladybank are also close by, and to name but a few. In terms of days out there are a number of good sandy beaches in the area including those at St. Andrews itself as well as Tentsmuir, Kingsbarns and Elie. There are several popular National Trust for Scotland properties in the area including Kellie Castle, Hill of Tarvit and Falkland Palace. State schooling is available locally with the new Madras College school due to open shortly. Independent schooling is available at St. Leonards in St. Andrews and the High School of Dundee. There are railway stations in Leuchars, Cupar, Ladybank and Dundee with Edinburgh airport well within reach.
Beautifully presented, and offering superb bright spacious family accommodation, 3 Strathkinness High Road is a wonderful Art Deco style property which offers all the comforts of contemporary living whilst retaining lots of charming period detail. Externally the house is of an attractive white painted harled finish under a tile roof. The Odeon style entrance is a particular feature of the property along with the large windows which are double glazed steel replacements sourced from the original supplier Crittalls. The well-proportioned accommodation is laid out over three levels with the 3 main reception rooms on the ground floor offering ideal space for entertaining and modern family living. The spacious drawing room is a particularly bright room which along with both the dining room and sitting room has a wooden floor and period fireplace. To the rear, looking over the back garden, is the well-appointed family kitchen with pantry off and rear hall leading to the utility room, boiler room and integral garage. Accessed via a most attractive oak topped stairway, the first floor accommodation comprises the delightful main bedroom with en-suite bathroom and dressing room, along with three further bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, hall and storage. On the second floor there is a useful games / family room with bedroom with separate self-contained study / sitting area.
The delightful well stocked garden at 3 Strathkinness High Road is a lovely feature of the property, with extensive lawns, circular gravel drive and terrace to the west.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY16 9UA.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, gas, electricity and drainage.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000 Website: https://www.fife.gov.uk.
Council Tax Band
Future Development and Potential Building Plot
The northern section of the rear garden is being excluded from the sale as pegged. Whilst there is an initial 5-year building and development prohibition on this area of ground it may be that a new property will be built on this ground at some stage in the future and further details are available from the selling agents.
As part of the St Andrews West development, it is proposed that there will be development on adjacent land to the north of 3 Strathkinness High Road. Full details are available on the Fife Council online planning portal.
The new Madras College school is located nearby at Langlands and is due to open shortly.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from October 2020
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.