3 Middleton Cottages, Belford, Northumberland, NE70 7LB
A pretty three bedroom 89 sq meter character cottage which requires refurbishment but offers considerable scope to create a wonderful home/holiday let. The property benefits from generous garden grounds, private parking and a detached garage.
Property Details & Description
Reception Hall, Living Room, Kitchen, Bedroom 3
Landing, Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2, Bathroom
Private Garden Ground, Off Street Parking, Detached Garage
Bamburgh 6 miles, Berwick-upon-Tweed Railway Station 16 miles, Newcastle upon Tyne 49 miles (all distances are approximate).
Located in a truly beautiful rural idyll this cottage occupies a peaceful position, with delightful countryside views. A short drive from the A1, the cottage is easily accessible with Berwick-upon-Tweed a short drive away with a mainline railway station with regular links to Edinburgh, Newcastle and London King's Cross. This location in the heart of north Northumberland is surrounded by stunning countryside with so many country pursuits with the Cheviot Hills close on hand, whilst within six miles is north Northumberland’s Heritage Coastline with miles of unspoilt beaches and Areas of Historical and Outstanding Natural Beauty, such as Bamburgh, Bamburgh Castle, Holy Island, the Farne Isles and Dunstanburgh Castle. The north Northumberland Coastline and countryside is a popular destination for those looking for a weekend retreat or rural home because of its value for money and lifestyle on offer.
This pretty stone-built end terrace cottage occupies a peaceful location in North Northumberland, surrounded by rolling countryside. The property has an abundance of charm and character but would benefit from refurbishment throughout.
The property is accessed through the front door into a hallway where stairs rise to the first floor and a door leads to the living room, which is a generously proportioned room with a window to the front aspect and an open working fireplace forming the focal point. A door from here leads to a rear hallway where Bedroom 3 can be accessed and the kitchen. The kitchen sits to the rear of the property, with a window overlooking the side garden and a door to the rear. The kitchen is currently fitted with a range of wall and base units, with sink and drainer and plumbing and space for appliances.
Stairs from the first floor lead to a landing where there is a large useful storage cupboard and access to two further double bedrooms and a bathroom.
The property is approached via a private driveway which offers ample vehicle hard standing for several cars as well as giving access to the detached garage. There is also a useful timber shed and two stone outhouses attached to the rear of the cottage.
The property benefits from generous gardens which sit to the front, side and rear of the cottage and are in the main laid to lawn.
Private water supply from Swinhoe Farm Estate, shared foul drainage system, mains electricity.
Northumberland County Council
Telephone: 01289 330044
Council Tax Band:
Council Tax Band: B
Energy Efficiency Rating:
Internet Web Site:
This property and other properties offered by Rettie Berwick LLP can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk zoopla.com, www.primelocation.com, www.s1homes.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans:
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.