39 Castle Terrace, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Northumberland, TD15 1NZ
Rarely available at this sought-after address, this impressive 191 sq. meter 4 bedroom detached house offers easy access to the town centre and railway station. The property also boasts an attached double garage, a driveway, generous garden grounds and stunning river views.
Property Details & Description
Vestibule, Reception Hall, Living Room, Sitting Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Cloakroom.
Landing, Master Bedroom, Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Bedroom 4, Shower Room.
Private driveway with off-street parking for several vehicles, Double Garage, Mature Gardens.
Berwick Railway Station 0.5 mile, Edinburgh 56 miles, Newcastle 65 miles. (All distances are approximate)
39 Castle Terrace is situated on the picturesque street of Castle Terrace, which is the most sought after address within Berwick-upon-Tweed. The property occupies a private and elevated position, which affords delightful views over the River Tweed and is within easy access of the town center and railway station.
Berwick-upon-Tweed is famous for its stunning architecture, has a wide selection of amenities and is well serviced with local and national shops, five national supermarkets and schooling for all ages including a private school at Longridge Towers. Berwick also has a selection of leisure and sports clubs, banks, public houses, restaurants and The Malting theatre and cinema which offers daily shows and movies. There is a main line railway station which has regular trains to both Edinburgh, Newcastle and London, both Edinburgh and Newcastle are sub one hour travel time and London in 3 hours 20 minutes. There is also the A1 trunk road which bypasses the town and provides easy access both north and south respectively.
The local area has a wide range of popular attractions and activities including Northumberland and Berwickshire’s rugged coastline of unspoilt beaches and beautiful landscapes; Berwick walls and pier are only minutes away while Lindisfarne National Nature Reserve, Bamburgh Castle and the ancient Border towns of Coldstream, Kelso and Melrose are within easy reach. Country and sporting pursuits are also readily available, including hill walking, salmon and trout fishing, riding, hunting and shooting. Golf is available locally; within five minutes walk lies Berwick Golf Course and other courses can be found at Goswick, Eyemouth and the Hirsel. Swimming, gym, squash and indoor bowling facilities exist at the Swan Centre in Berwick-upon-Tweed.
Despite Berwick’s proximity to both Edinburgh and Newcastle, the area has a low population and can therefore offer a quality of life that is becoming increasingly rare.
39 Castle Terrace is an impressive family home offering bright and well-proportioned accommodation over two principal floors, which extends to circa 191 sq. meters. The house is beautifully presented, with quality fixtures and fittings throughout and has a versatile layout that will suit a wide variety of purchasers.
The property is accessed from the front door into an entrance vestibule and from here, there is access into the welcoming reception hall which has a staircase to the first floor, ample storage, a cloakroom and doors leading off. The living room is an elegant room, with two large windows to the rear aspect allowing for ample natural light and has a gas fireplace forming the focal point. There are double doors which open to the dining room, which is a generous and versatile space, with a window overlooking the front garden and is conveniently located adjacent to the kitchen.
To the front of the house is a well-equipped kitchen, which offers ample storage units, worksurface, integrated appliances and space for a breakfasting table. The sitting room, an additional reception space, is accessed off the hallway, opening to the rear garden and offering spectacular views.
A central staircase leads to the first floor landing, which has doors leading off to all accommodation on this level. There are four bedrooms, three large doubles and a generous single bedroom, all with built in wardrobes. The bedrooms to the rear of the house benefit from wonderful views over the River Tweed and supporting the bedroom accommodation is a recently re-fitted shower room.
The property is approached through timber gates via a private driveway, which offers ample vehicle hard standing and provides access to the double garage, which benefits from a remote control access door and a utility area at the rear.
There are mature, landscaped gardens surrounding the property which are predominantly laid to lawn, interspersed with mature shrubs and trees. There are two paved patio areas, ideal for al-fresco dining and supporting the garden is a timber shed and useful drying area.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD15 1NZ
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, curtains, blinds and light fittings are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
The property is not listed but does fall within the conservation area of Berwick-upon-Tweed.
Mains electricity, mains water, mains drainage, gas central heating.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Council Tax Band:
Assessed to band F
Northumberland County Council
Telephone: 01289 330044.
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Borders LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.