3 & 4 Sunwick Farm Cottages, Berwick upon Tweed, Scottish Borders, TD15 1XG
3 & 4 Sunwick Farm Cottages are a pair of two-bedroom semi-detached cottages, requiring modernisation which extend to a combined floor area of 202 sq. meters. The properties have been partially combined, occupy a large plot with generous gardens and garaging and provide an exciting opportunity for a purchaser.
Property Details & Description
Berwick upon Tweed 8 Miles, Edinburgh 54 miles, Newcastle 68 miles
(All distances are approximate)
3 & 4 Sunwick Farm Cottages are located on the edge of Sunwick Farm and benefit from delightful rural views to both front and rear.
The village of Paxton with its highly regarded pub/restaurant is only 2 miles away whilst 7 miles away is the bustling historic market town of Berwick-upon-Tweed, which offers a range of excellent facilities and amenities, with a selection of local and national shops and supermarkets including M&S, Tesco, Homebase and Currys PC World to name a few. Berwick also has a wealth of independent shops, galleries, art and craft shops, cafes, pubs, wine bars and restaurants and The Maltings Theatre and cinema offering a wide choice of top-class entertainment. In addition, there are a good choice of doctors and dental surgeries as well as the local hospital. There are well respected local schools for all ages nearby and additional private schooling is available at Longridge Towers, 8 miles distant.
Beyond the local area is a range of popular attractions including historic castles and villages dotted along the stunningly beautiful Northumberland coastline including the renowned Holy Island, Bamburgh Castle and Alnwick Castle. There are also the Cheviot Hills and a number of market towns. Country and sporting pursuits are widely available including hill walks, salmon and trout fishing, hunting and shooting. Golf is available locally at Goswick and Magdalene Fields, with swimming, gym, squash, indoor bowling and all-weather facilities at the Swan Centre.
The A1 trunk road provides easy commutable access to both Newcastle and Edinburgh with Berwick’s mainline train station offering regular services up and down the east coast of the country, with London being a 3½ hour journey away. Edinburgh or Newcastle international airports are both just over an hour’s drive from Sunwick.
3 & 4 Sunwick Farm Cottages offers a fantastic opportunity for a purchaser to create a home to their own specification. Currently a pair of cottages which have been knocked through at ground and first floor level, the cottages offer scope to create one large dwelling house (subject to the necessary consent) or alternatively a property with an adjoining annexe providing income generating opportunities. The properties require complete refurbishment however cottage No.4 has the benefit of oil-fired central heating installed.
Both cottages have their own front doors, which open into a hallway where a kitchen/dining room can be found together with a ground floor bathroom. The living rooms on the ground floor have been combined to create one large reception space whilst a staircase from both hallways lead to the first-floor level where there are three bedroom; one a very large double, created by connecting through to the adjacent cottage.
To the side of each property is a private driveway and a garage. There are generous gardens to the side and rear which are currently a blank canvas.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD15 1XG
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Listing and Conservation
Please be aware, 3 & 4 Sunwick Farm Cottages are not Listed, nor in a conservation area.
Oil fired central heating to Cottage 4.
Mains electricity & water
Private drainage to a shred septic tank.
Both Cottages are assessed to Band B
Energy Efficiency Rating
Band X (Rating X)
Scottish Borders Council - Telephone: 0300 100 1800
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.