Castleview, 2 The Scores, St. Andrews, KY16 9AR
Impressive re-modelled first floor apartment with superb balcony and outstanding views, in an iconic setting close to the Old Course, opposite the ancient ruins of St Andrews Castle.
Immaculate contemporary accommodation
Superb location on The Scores
Wonderful central location within easy walking distance of the Old Course and University
Property Details & Description
Accommodation, located at first floor level:
Sitting room with private balcony, kitchen, main bedroom with en-suite bathroom, 2 further bedrooms, jack and jill shower room, utility, vestibule
Castleview comprises the wonderful first floor middle apartment at the Category C listed 2 The Scores. The property is impressively located, directly opposite the imposing ancient ruins of the historic St Andrews Castle, with superb panoramic sea views right out over the castle to the distant hills of Angus and the dramatic everchanging seascape of the North Sea to the famous Bell Rock lighthouse and beyond. Situated right in the heart of Fife’s golfing mecca of St. Andrews, Castleview is moments from the town’s cosmopolitan shopping district which includes South Street, Market Street, Bell Street and North Street. The ancient and historic university town offers residents a superb mix of amenities and facilities and is renowned worldwide as the “Home of Golf”. The city of Dundee is some thirteen miles to the north with Edinburgh easily accessible to the south. Fife’s pretty East Neuk is nearby with its quaint picturesque fishing villages such as Anstruther, Pittenweem and Elie whilst the bustling county market town of Cupar is a short drive to the west. Surrounding St. Andrews is some particularly fine countryside and coastline with a lovely mix of farmland, woodland, river and hill ground. The result is home to an array of wildlife which provides an excellent choice for the outdoor enthusiast with walking, cycling, sailing and riding all readily available. There are many highly regarded golf courses in the area including the Old Course at St. Andrews and the Championship Course at Carnoustie, both of which regularly host the British Open – the event returns to St Andrews in July 2022 for its 150th anniversary. There are seven courses under the management of The St Andrews Links Trust - the Old, the New, the Jubilee, the Castle, the Eden, the Strathtyrum and the Balgove – with the courses at Dumbarnie, Kingsbarns, the Dukes, Crail, Lundin Links and Ladybank also close by, and to name but a few. In terms of days out there are a number of good sandy beaches in the area including those at St. Andrews itself as well as Tentsmuir, Kingsbarns and Elie. There are several popular National Trust for Scotland properties in the area including Kellie Castle, Hill of Tarvit and Falkland Palace. State schooling is available locally with independent schooling being provided at St. Leonards in St. Andrews and the High School of Dundee. There are railway stations in Leuchars, Cupar, Ladybank and Dundee with Edinburgh airport well within reach.
Beautifully presented, and extensively remodelled in recent times, Castleview is a rare gem of a property offering wonderful contemporary 3 bed accommodation of a very high standard, centred around a stunning feature kitchen with breath-taking adjacent sitting room with private balcony. The apartment is located at first floor level and is accessed via a lovely shared communal staircase, which also provides access to the separate ground and attic floor apartments – the building originally formed a single property and is understood to date from around 1914. The lovely woold panelled entrance vestibule and hall lead through to the magnificent very well-appointed kitchen with impressive island unit, window seat, utility cupboard, and the most stunning views. At the eastern end of the apartment, off the kitchen, is the incredible sitting room with light pouring in and sliding glazed doors opening to the superb private sheltered balcony. There is large feature gas fire and 2 sizeable rooflights along with the fabulous uninterrupted outlook to the ruins of St Andrews Castle. The beautiful bright main bedroom is to the rear, and generously proportioned, with extensive en-suite bathroom and fitted wardrobes. Two further lovely bedrooms and a shared jack and jill shower room complete the unique accommodation which benefits from gas fired central heating and a secure entry system.
Castleview is Category C listed and is located within the St Andrews conservation area.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY16 9AR.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from March 2022.
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.