2 Homebank, East Ord, Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Northumberland, TD15 2YX
A substantial and individually designed detached family home in a sought-after and secluded cul-de-sac. This spacious property offers generous living accommodation over two floors, landscaped gardens and grounds and a detached double garage. The property lies within walking distance of Berwick-upon-Tweed with excellent road and rail links throughout the country and offers a wonderful lifestyle opportunity.
Property Details & Description
Reception Vestibule, Dining Room, Sitting Room, Kitchen-Breakfast Room, Utility Room, Cloakroom, Master Bedrooms with En-Suite, Two Further Double Bedrooms, Family Bathroom.
Landing, Two Double Bedrooms.
Mature Landscaped Gardens and Grounds, Detached Double Garage, Driveway with Parking.
Berwick Railway Station 2 miles, Edinburgh 55 miles, Newcastle-upon-Tyne 60 miles (all distances are approximate).
Occupying a very private and secluded position in a popular residential locale, the property can be found towards the end of a mature cul-de-sac on the edge of the village of East Ord. East Ord is centered around a traditional village green and offers a pub, garden centre with restaurant, a large Tesco supermarket, the East Ord Lounge Bar and Grill and a village hall. The village lies just to the south of England’s most northerly market town of Berwick-upon-Tweed and is within walking distance. This historic town with its Elizabethan walls and Georgian architecture offers a wide range of local and national shopping facilities, including five supermarkets, national banks and numerous retailers. Berwick Upon Tweed also has schooling for all ages as well as a long-established private school called Longridge Towers which is within a short two mile drive. Berwick also boasts a fine arts theatre and cinema, a number of sports clubs, bars, restaurants and public houses serving real ale.
Berwick is well served for commuting options throughout the country; it has a mainline railway station that connects to both Edinburgh and Newcastle in circa 45 minutes and London in circa 3.5 hours. The A1 trunk road also provides good road access to north and south.
North Northumberland is a beautiful county and offers diverse landscapes from its Heritage Coastline with miles of un-spoilt dog-friendly beaches and areas of historical interest such as Holy Island, Bamburgh Castle, Dunstanburgh Castle and the Farne Islands, whilst inland are the Cheviot Hills and the rolling countryside of national parks. To the north is the Scottish Borders renowned for its shooting and fishing.
The property is a modern detached individually designed family home built in circa 1984 and offers generous accommodation over two floors. The reception rooms are large and there are five bedrooms and two bathrooms, one being en-suite to the ground-floor master. The house is approached over a private driveway with plenty of off-street parking. The front door opens into a large reception vestibule, an ideal space for greeting and visiting family and friends and providing plenty of space for storing coats and boots. A door then leads into a grand twenty-seven foot long dining room with three floor to ceiling windows providing ample natural light and views over the garden. A door leads from the dining room into the sitting room, another generous reception with large floor to ceiling windows looking out over the front and rear of the house. This room has a feature fireplace with tiled surround and hearth with a timber mantle over. Another door from the dining room leads into the main hall with stairs rising to the first floor, a cloakroom and three storage cupboards. Off the hall is the spacious kitchen-breakfast room with three windows overlooking the garden. The kitchen is fitted with a range of floor and wall-mounted units with counters over and integral appliances include a double oven, gas hob with extractor over and there is plumbing for a dishwasher. Nest to the kitchen is a utility room with fitted cabinets and plumbing for a washing machine and space for an under counter fridge. The utility room also has a door giving access to the garden. The main hall gives access to three bedrooms on the ground floor, with two further bedrooms on the first floor. The master bedroom is generous with two fitted double wardrobes and has an en-suite with a bath, separate shower, WC and hand basin. The two further bedrooms on this floor are both doubles and are served by a family bathroom, consisting a bath, separate shower, WC and handbasin and there is a fitted storage cupboard. On the first floor there are two double bedrooms, one with eaves storage and the larger of the two bedrooms would also make an ideal family room, games room, study or music room.
The house sits in generous landscaped gardens and has a large driveway providing ample parking. There is detached double garage with power and light and the mature landscaped gardens offer a variety of trees, plants flowers and shrubs providing year-round colour and interest.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD15 2YX
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, curtains, blinds and light fittings are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
Please be aware, 2 Homebank is not Listed and is not in a conservation area.
Gas central heating.
Mains electricity, water and drainage.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Northumberland County Council
Telephone: 01289 330044.
Internet Web Site:
This property and other properties offered by Rettie Berwick LLP can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, and www.tlo.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans:
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavor is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.