2 Harelawside Cottage, Grantshouse, Scottish Borders, TD11 3RP
Located on the periphery of the small village of Grantshouse, an opportunity has arisen to acquire this attractive three bedroom, 77 sq. meter character cottage with gardens to front and rear and countryside views. A new owner will be able to enjoy peaceful countryside living with the coast nearby, whilst having the benefit of Edinburgh only a forty-five minute drive
Property Details & Description
Entrance Hall, Sitting Room, Kitchen, Family Bathroom.
Landing, Three Bedrooms.
On Street Parking, Front & Rear Gardens.
Edinburgh 42 miles, Berwick-upon-Tweed Mainline Rail Station 16 miles, Reston Rail Station 6 miles (opening spring 2022). All distances are approximate.
2 Harelawside Cottage is a delightful three bedroom terraced cottage situated on the edge of the small village of Grantshouse. The A1 is nearby, ideal for travelling into Edinburgh which takes approximately forty-five minutes and mainline railway stations are nearby at Dunbar and Berwick-upon-Tweed, with regular services into Edinburgh, Newcastle and London Kings Cross. Grantshouse is a small settlement but there is a village hall and a popular café. The village is close to the beautiful coastline with Coldingham and St Abbs being only a short drive away and the town of Eyemouth nearby for amenities and schooling. Slightly further away is Berwick-upon-Tweed, famous for its stunning architecture, which has a wider selection of amenities and is well serviced with local and national shops, five national supermarkets and schooling for all ages including a private school at Longridge Towers. Berwick also has a selection of leisure and sports clubs, banks, public houses, restaurants and The Malting theatre and cinema which offers daily shows and movies. The local area has a wide range of popular attractions and activities including Northumberland and Berwickshire’s rugged coastline of unspoilt beaches and beautiful landscapes; Berwick walls and pier are only minutes away while Lindisfarne National Nature Reserve, Bamburgh Castle and the ancient Border towns of Coldstream, Kelso and Melrose are within easy reach. Country and sporting pursuits are also readily available, including hill walking, salmon and trout fishing, riding, hunting and shooting. Golf is available locally; within five minutes walk lies Berwick Golf Course and other courses can be found at Goswick, Eyemouth and the Hirsel. Swimming, gym, squash and indoor bowling facilities exist at the Swan Centre in Berwick-upon-Tweed. Despite Berwick’s proximity to both Edinburgh and Newcastle, the area has a low population and can therefore offer a quality of life that is becoming increasingly rare.
The property comprises a three bedroom, 77sq. meter stone built, terraced cottage offering bright and well proportioned accommodation over two principal floors. The property is accessed through the front door into a welcoming hallway which has stairs to the first floor and doors leading offer. The living room is located to the front of the property, with two windows to allow ample natural light and a fireplace housing a muti fuel stove as the main focal point. From the kitchen, a door leads through to the kitchen which is fitted with a range of wall and base units, offering ample space for free standing appliances and with a door to the rear garden. Completing the ground floor is a family bathroom.
Stairs from the hallway lead up to the first floor landing where there are three bedrooms, two singles and one double.
To the front of the property there is a lawned garden and to the rear is a enclosed lawned garden, backing onto open farmland and a paved patio, ideal for al-fresco dining.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD11 3RP.
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, curtains, blinds and light fittings are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
The property is not listed and is not in a conservation area.
Mains electricity and water.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Council Tax Band:
Scottish Borders Council
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Borders LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.