23 Shoresedan, Berwick Upon Tweed, Northumberland, TD15 2NJ
A recently refurbished and extend 2 bedroom 81 sq meter semi-detached bungalow located within the small hamlet of Shoresdean, circa 5 miles from Berwick upon Tweed. The property enjoys a delightful rural outlook and benefits from a generous garden and private off-street parking.
Property Details & Description
Entrance Hall, Living Room, Kirchen, Utility, Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2, Bathroom
Private Driveway, Generous Gardens
Berwick Railway Station 5 miles, Edinburgh 62 miles, Newcastle-upon-Tyne 62 miles (all distances are approximate).
23 Shoresdean occupies a peaceful and private position in the small hamlet of Shoresdean with lovely views over the surrounding countryside. Shoresdean is only 5 miles from England’s most northerly market town, Berwick-upon-Tweed. This historic town with its Elizabethan walls and Georgian architecture offers a wide range of local and national shopping facilities, including five supermarkets, national banks and numerous retailers. Berwick Upon Tweed also has schooling for all ages as well as the long-established private school Longridge Towers. Berwick also boasts a fine arts theatre, a number of sports clubs, pleasant restaurants and public houses serving real ale.
Berwick is well served for commuting and remote working throughout the country; it has a mainline railway station that frequently connects to both Edinburgh and Newcastle in 45 minutes and London in circa 3.5 hours. The A1 trunk road also provides good road access to north and south.
North Northumberland is a beautiful county and offers diverse landscapes from its Heritage Coastline with miles of un-spoilt beaches and areas of historical interest such as Holy Island, Bamburgh Castle, Dunstanburgh Castle and the Farne Islands, whilst inland are the Cheviot Hills and the rolling countryside of national parks. To the north is the Scottish Borders renowned for its shooting and fishing.
23 Shoresdean is an impressive two-bedroom, semi-detached bungalow which has been tastefully and comprehensively refurbished throughout whilst also extend to the rear elevation. The accommodation within is bright and well-proportioned and is in turn-key condition.
The property is accessed through the front door into a welcoming reception hall, which has two useful storage cupboards and doors leading off. The living room, which is the principal reception space has a bay window to the front to allow for ample natural light and double doors lead through to the impressive kitchen. The kitchen has recently been re-fitted and benefits from a range of modern units with complimentary worksurface over and housing sink and drainer and integrated fridge/freezer, dishwasher and electric over and induction hob with extractor hood over. There are French doors to the rear garden, a window to the side aspect and a door which gives way to the utility room, which is a practical space with a door to the side and ample space from a free-standing washing machine and tumble dryer.
The property benefits from two double bedrooms, one to the front and one to the rear of the property and there is also a recently re-fitted bathroom comprising a wc, panelled bath, wash hand basin and large walk in shower.
The house benefits from generous gardens to three sides, which in the main are predominantly laid to lawn. There is a large timber shed to the rear and to the front there is a gravelled driveway
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD15 2NJ
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, curtains, and blinds are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
Please be aware, 23 Shoresdean is not listed, nor is it in a conservation area.
Oil central heating
Mains water, mains electricity, septic tank.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Band D (61)
A paddock near to the property is available by separate negotiation and is approximately 0.84 acres.
Northumberland Council - Telephone: 0345 600 6400.
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.