2 Montague Mews, Leet Haugh, Coldstream, Scottish Borders, TD12 4FF
A beautifully presented three bedroomed/two bathroom family home located in the sought-after Leet Haugh development, situated on the periphery of the historic market town of Coldstream in the Scottish Borders. This modern family home is offered in turn-key condition with spacious accommodation over two floors, off-street parking and landscaped gardens to the front and rear.
Property Details & Description
Foyer, Hall, Sitting Room, Kitchen-Dining Room, Cloakroom.
Landing, Master Bedroom with En -Suite, Two Further Bedrooms, Family Bathroom.
Driveway with Off-Street Parking, Landscaped Gardens, Patio, Decking.
Kelso 9 miles, Berwick Railway Station 16 miles, Edinburgh 49 miles
(all distances are approximate)
2 Montague Mews is located within the new residential development of Leet Haugh, a highly sought-after residential locale within the Scottish Borders town of Coldstream, situated on the banks of the world-famous River Tweed. Coldstream is a friendly town, residents and tourist alike enjoy the wonderful way of life the town offers due to the stunning local scenery, the wide range of nearby activities and historic interests. Coldstream has a thriving High Street and offers an excellent array of local amenities which include a local supermarket and shops, restaurants and take-aways, public houses, medical centre, dentist, pharmacy and primary schooling.
The region is well known for its outdoor activities which include walks along the River Tweed and Cheviot Hills, cycling, shooting and fishing. There are a number of challenging local golf courses nearby which include the Hirsel in Coldstream, The Roxburghe Hotel and Golf Course just outside Kelso and Goswick. Within a short drive is the particularly stunning coastline of Northumberland with miles of deserted sandy beaches and historic castles to explore.
The pretty village of Cornhill-on-Tweed lies within a short drive, walk or cycle of Coldstream, on the edge of north Northumberland and has an excellent local shop/café, famed for its homemade produce, a beautiful church and a particularly good hotel/ bistro and bar which serves food all day.
Berwick-upon-Tweed is the region’s largest market town. This fortified town with its Elizabethan walls offers further amenities including private schooling at Longridge Towers, a number of national supermarkets, a hospital and a Homebase DIY store. Berwick also benefits from a mainline railway station which connects to London in under four hours and the A1 trunk road.
2 Montague Mews is an impressive modern semi-detached property offering bright and well-proportioned accommodation over two floors. The property extends to circa 105 sq metres and is immaculately presented throughout, with quality fixtures and fittings and benefits from double glazing and gas fired central heating. Positioned on a quiet residential road, within the exclusive Leet Haugh development, the house offers pleasant outlooks and is only a short walk from the town centre with shops, pubs, restaurants and further amenities.
The house is approached over the front garden along a path leading to the front door, which opens into a foyer with an area for coats and shoes with a further door opening into the hall. The hall has stairs rising to the first floor with an understairs storage cupboard. At the far end of the hall is a cloakroom with a window to the rear of the house, comprising a WC and hand basin and a utility cupboard plumbed for a washing machine. The sitting room is a generous reception room with a window to the front of the house and French doors opening into the rear garden. The kitchen-dining room is another generous space again running the full depth of the property, with a window to the front and a door leading out into the back garden. The kitchen is fitted with a contemporary range of floor and wall-mounted units with counters over and integral appliances include a double electric oven, gas hob with extractor over and dish washer. On the first floor the landing gives access to three bedrooms and the family bathroom. The master bedroom is a good size with a fitted wardrobe and en-suite with a window to the rear, comprising a shower, WC and hand basin and a wall-mounted chrome towel radiator. There is another double bedroom with fitted wardrobe and a single bedroom. The bathroom has a window to the rear of the house and has a bath, separate shower, WC, hand basin and wall-mounted chrome towel radiator.
To the front of the house there is a private driveway providing off-street parking, a path leading up to the front door and an area of lawn. To the rear of the house is a fully enclosed landscaped garden with a patio, a raised deck and raised beds with a variety of plants and shrubs providing year round colour and interest.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD12 4FF.
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, curtains, blinds and light fittings are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
Please be aware, 2 Montague Mews is not listed, nor in a conservation area.
Gas central heating.
Mains electricity, water & drainage.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Scottish Borders Council - Telephone: 01835 824 000.
Internet Web Site:
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans:
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.