1 Kame Steadings, Cupar, KY15 5PN
Outstanding country property with beautiful garden
Immaculate family accommodation
Fabulous roundel sitting room
Delightful rural setting
Magnificent landscaped garden
Double garage, parking
Superb country living - convenient for St Andrews, Cupar, Kirkcaldy & Glenrothes
Property Details & Description
Roundel sitting room, living room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms, hall, bathroom, utility room, store / box room
2 bedrooms (both en-suite), hall
Delightful professionally landscaped garden, double garage, parking
1 Kame Steadings is an excellent family house which forms part of the popular small Kame Steadings development, attractively located in glorious rolling countryside to the north west of Upper Largo in Fife, between Craigrothie and Montrave. The setting is superb with some lovely views over the surrounding fields and countryside. The picturesque location also offers excellent accessibility, with a good range of local services and amenities available in the surrounding villages which include Lundin Links, Upper Largo, Lower Largo, Ceres and Craigrothie. A wider offering is on hand in Leven and also the bustling country market town of Cupar no more than a 15 minute drive to the north. A short distance to the east is St Andrews, the historic university town renowned worldwide as the “Home of Golf” with its excellent mix of shops, services, facilities and amenities. The City of Dundee is also within comfortable commuting distance and Edinburgh is less than a one hour drive to the south. The area around Kame comprises a breath-taking mix of farmland, coastline, hill and river. The result if home to an array of wildlife and provides a fine choice for the outdoor enthusiast with walking, riding, cycling, sailing and of course golf all readily available. There are challenging, highly regarded courses at Lundin Links, Leven, Ladybank, Crail, Elie and Dumbarnie whilst the Open Championship returns to The Old Course in St Andrews for its 150th anniversary in 2022. The wide-open spaces of the Lomond Hills offer considerable scope for walking and such like and in terms of days out there are excellent sandy beaches at St Andrews, Kingsbarns, Elie and Tentsmuir to name but a few. The quaint fishing villages of Fife’s East Neuk, which include Anstruther, Pittenweem, St Monans and Crail, are a short drive from the property and there are also a number of popular National Trust for Scotland properties in the vicinity including Hill of Tarvit, Falkland Palace and Kellie Castle. State schooling is available locally with independent schooling at St Leonards in St Andrews and the High School of Dundee. There are railway stations at Cupar, Leuchars, Markinch, Kirkcaldy and Ladybank with Edinburgh airport about a 45 minute drive to the south.
Beautifully presented inside and out, and deceptively spacious, 1 Kame Steadings is a superb family house offering very comfortable high-quality accommodation over two floors. With an immaculate white painted harled exterior under a red tiled roof, the impressive main roundel sitting room is a particular feature of the house with some fine panoramic views over the surrounding countryside. A hall leads through to the well-proportioned and very well-appointed family kitchen, separate utility room and family bathroom. There is also a useful second sitting room and 2 bedrooms at ground floor level, along with store / boxroom. Upstairs, off the landing, there are 2 good sized bedrooms both of which benefit from en-suite facilities and fitted wardrobes. The house benefits from oil fired central heating and double glazing.
1 Kame Steadings stands in a delightful professionally landscaped garden, very well stocked with a lovely selection of plants trees and shrubs as well as neat lawns and sheltered seating areas.
There is a double garage, with parking adjacent.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY15 5PN.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water and electricity. Oil heating. Private drainage.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000 Website:
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from July 2021
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.