Property Details & Description
Ground Floor: Sitting Room, Dining Room, Family Room, Conservatory, Kitchen, 2 Bedrooms, Bathroom, Hall, Utility Room
First Floor: 3 Bedrooms, Bathroom, Hall
Exterior: Delightful garden
Double garage, Summer House
1 Armit Place is quietly situated on a generous corner plot in a popular estabished residential area close to the heart of Fife’s golfing mecca of St. Andrews, just minutes from the town’s cosmopolitan shopping district which includes South Street, Market Street, Bell Street and North Street. The ancient and historic university town offers residents a superb mix of amenities and facilities and is renowned worldwide as the “Home of Golf”. The city of Dundee is some thirteen miles to the north with Edinburgh easily accessible to the south. Fife’s pretty East Neuk is nearby with its quaint picturesque fishing villages such as Anstruther, Pittenweem and Elie whilst the bustling county market town of Cupar is a short drive to the west. Surrounding St. Andrews is some particularly fine countryside and coastline with a lovely mix of farmland, woodland, river and hill ground. The result is home to an array of wildlife which provides an excellent choice for the outdoor enthusiast with walking, cycling, sailing and riding all readily available. There are many highly regarded golf courses in the area including the world famous Old Course at St. Andrews and the Championship Course at Carnoustie, both of which regularly host the British Open – the event returns to St Andrews in 2022 for its 150th anniversary. The courses at Dumbarnie, Kingsbarns, Crail and Ladybank are also close by, to name but a few, there are seven courses in total in St Andrews. In terms of days out there are a number of good sandy beaches in the area including those at St. Andrews itself as well as Tentsmuir, Kingsbarns and Elie. There are several popular National Trust for Scotland properties in the area including Kellie Castle, Hill of Tarvit and Falkland Palace. State schooling is available locally with independent schooling being provided at St. Leonards in St. Andrews and the High School of Dundee. There are railway stations in Leuchars, Cupar, Ladybank and Dundee with Edinburgh airport well within reach.
1 Armit Place is a very well-presented family house offering spacious comfortable accommodation over two levels with many delightful features. On the ground floor the well-proportioned sitting room, dining room, family room and conservatory offer excellent flexible living space with the well-appointed modern kitchen, 2 bedrooms, utility room, hall and bathroom completing the accommodation at this level. Upstairs there are 3 further bedrooms along with bathroom and hall. The property benefits from excellent storage, double glazing, 16 photovoltaic panels, loft insulation, cavity wall insulation and mains gas central heating.
1 Armit Place stands in a lovely good sized well-stocked garden with generous lawns and driveway parking.
There is a double garage with remote controlled roller shutter doors and a summer house.
There is a robotic lawnmower with automower lawn wires in place for automated / robotic grass cutting.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY16 8RE.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage.
16 photovoltaic panels.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000 Website:.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from August 2021
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.